ICONIX BRAND GROUP
Director/ Brand Management – Danskin/OP
New York, New York
This position reports to the EVP of Brand Management
Summary of Position Scope
This position is responsible for developing and maximizing relationships with retail and wholesale partners for the Danskin and OP brands to deliver revenue and competitive operating margins to the Iconix Brand Group. The incumbent will be responsible for building an annual plan to cultivate new business opportunities and grow revenue in both the short and long term. He/she will understand the competitive landscape for their assigned brands and categories of business and will develop and execute strategies to stay ahead of the curve. He/she will think broadly about category expansion to maximize the value of our intellectual capital and provide new sources of revenue. He/she will build and sustain a network of relationships to enable the development of a pipeline of potential new business relationships and deals. In performing the duties of this role, the incumbent will maintain a working knowledge of competitive brands and will identify potential brands for future acquisition that round out the portfolio managed by Iconix.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver revenue and margin goals by identifying and executing new business opportunities
- Develop an annual business development strategy to maximize opportunities to sign on new licensees including identification of new, innovative models for conducting business and increasing royalty revenues
- Maximize existing relationships with key retailers and licensees and develop new relationships to expand opportunities for growth
- Build an ongoing pipeline of new opportunities.
- Create a weekly pipeline report to review with senior management
- Deliver annual business plan
- Sustain a strong working knowledge of the market including trends, emerging business models and potential new partners including acquisition candidates
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Licensing or wholesale sales
- Demonstrated experience working with retailers in one or more of the following segments; department stores, mass, off price, on-line, drug and dollar stores.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating large scale wholesale or licensing deals. Savvy negotiator
- Results driven with track record of meeting and often exceeding sales
- Student of trends and emerging business practices and approaches
- Ability to manage multiple projects including both strategic and operational initiatives with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skill in collaboration, working across organizational lines to achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (both oral and written). Proven ability to develop and deliver compelling sales presentations
- Fashion and active brand experience
- Bachelor degree required, preferably with a business background
- MBA desired, but not required
The company will provide a total compensation and benefits package that is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s credentials and experience.
This position operates in a professional office environment but the incumbent is expected to be interfacing primarily externally to generate new business opportunities. Travel will be as required to meet the needs of the business.
**Please submit resumes to Irene Scanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org